2015 USA Ministers’ Conference
Although this conference is over, you can listen to all of the sermons and addresses by purchasing either physical CDs or MP3 downloads. Click the link below to learn more:
The US Ministers’ Conference is an annual event where men gather from a variety of ministerial vocations to worship God and sit under the preaching of his Word.
A minister’s calling brings him into a dimension of suffering that is uniquely bound up with the ministry of the gospel. For Christ it meant his being the Suffering Servant. For those he calls into service, the same will be true. This dimension of ministerial suffering is clearly borne out by the testimony and counsel of Paul in his letters.
Suffering is arguably the biggest issue people face in life, and because so much bad theology has been developed to address its existence, it is essential that pastors work to acquire a well-formed biblical theology of suffering. This is exactly what this year’s conference aims to address, and it is hoped that all who attend will return to their congregations with renewed confidence in the all-surpassing goodness of God, equipped to minister to those within and without their churches whose suffering raises, for them, questions about the nature of God at the profoundest level.
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown PA.
Some might ask, “Why host a conference at a college campus?” First, a college campus allows us to keep everyone together. The vast majority of the attendees will stay in the campus dorms, share meals together at the campus food court, and enjoy fellowship together in the campus recreation centers. Second, the Elizabethtown College campus allows us to keep the conference rates low. This is an important feature of Banner of Truth conferences, for we want to reach out to as many pastors as possible, not all of whom are serving in large and prosperous congregations. Our conference fee, which ranges from $225 to $360 is great value for money when you consider it covers room and full board, conference registration, bookstore gift certificates, and the use of all campus facilities. There are absolutely no hidden costs!
The US Ministers’ Conference is arranged for men in (or who have been in) pastoral ministry; students in theological training for the ministry; men serving in missionary work (at home or overseas); and men serving the church as elders or as deacons. In addition, we welcome those who are sponsored by their church/minister who are seriously considering the possibility of eldership or full-time ministry.
We ask that only men attend to maximize opportunities for fellowship, accountability, and prayer. We understand the difficulty of being away from family for a couple of nights, but one of the goals of this conference is to encourage men to forge strong friendships with like-minded brothers and fellow gospel ministers.
Tuesday, May 26th
- 3:00pm – Embracing the Pain (1 Peter 1:6) – Hensworth Jonas
- 7:00pm – A Servant for the Weary (Isaiah 50:4-11) – Dale Ralph Davis
Wednesday, May 27th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9.00am – Ministerial Doubt (Matthew 11:1-19) – Steven Curry
- 10:45am – Paul’s Testimony: Sufficient Grace for Suffering in Ministry (2 Cor.11-12) – Ligon Duncan
- 3:00pm – Ian Hamilton
- 3:30pm – Suffering for the Gospel (2 Timothy 2:1-13) – David McWilliams
- 7:00pm – The Morass of Ministry (Jeremiah 20) – Dale Ralph Davis
Thursday, May 28th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9.00am – Ministerial Attitude (Philippians 2:5-11) – Steven Curry
- 10:45am – Paul’s Counsel: “We do not lose heart” (2 Corinthians 4) – Ligon Duncan
- 1:30pm – Panel on Preaching
- 2:45pm – Paul Alone (2 Timothy 4:9-22) – David McWilliams
- Solid, reformed preaching from the Word of God, with encouraging fellowship among like-minded men in ministry.
- Located on the beautiful campus of Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA.
- Fee includes meals and lodging, unless you designate otherwise.
- Lodging in air-conditioned rooms on campus; linens, pillow, wash cloths and towels supplied.
- Harrisburg International Airport is 15 minutes away.
- Registration begins Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. in the Leffler Chapel lobby.
- Basketball courts/gym, swimming pool, and racquet ball courts available during designated times.
- Wednesday evening ice cream event with table tennis for willing participants!
- Banner of Truth Conference Bookstore with most Banner titles for purchase at discounted prices.
- Attendees receive a conference shirt, one-year electronic subscription to The Banner of Truth magazine, and a special conference bookstore gift certificate.