2017 US Ministers’ Conference
Tuesday May 30 — Thursday June 1, 2017
The US Ministers’ Conference is an annual event where men gather from a variety of ministerial vocations to worship God and sit under the preaching of his Word.
Five hundred years ago the actions of a German monk in Wittenburg marked the beginnings of the Protestant Reformation. There were many factors that contributed to its impact as it spread throughout Europe and across to the British Isles. There was, however, one factor which more than any other was to shape the Reformation and its legacy that continues to this day, the role played by the Bible. When asked about the part he played in all that took place, Martin Luther famously replied ‘I simply taught and preached the Word; otherwise I did nothing…the Word did it all.’ So, as we mark the five hundredth anniversary of Luther pinning his Ninety Five Theses to the door of the castle church in Wittenberg, the theme for this year’s ministers’ conference is the ongoing role of the Bible in the work of the ministry. May the Word of God, empowered by the Holy Spirit, continue to do its work for the reformation of the church and the salvation of many!
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown PA.
Some might ask, “Why host a conference at a college campus?” First, a college campus allows us to keep everyone together. The vast majority of the attendees will stay in the campus dorms, share meals together at the campus food court, and enjoy fellowship together in the campus recreation centers. Second, the Elizabethtown College campus allows us to keep the conference rates low. This is an important feature of Banner of Truth conferences, for we want to reach out to as many pastors as possible, not all of whom are serving in large and prosperous congregations. Our conference fee, which ranges from $225 to $360 is great value for money when you consider it covers room and full board, conference registration, bookstore gift certificates, and the use of all campus facilities. There are absolutely no hidden costs!
The US Ministers’ Conference is arranged for men in (or who have been in) pastoral ministry; students in theological training for the ministry; men serving in missionary work (at home or overseas); and men serving the church as elders or as deacons. In addition, we welcome those who are sponsored by their church/minister who are seriously considering the possibility of eldership or full-time ministry.
We ask that only men attend to maximize opportunities for fellowship, accountability, and prayer. We understand the difficulty of being away from family for a couple of nights, but one of the goals of this conference is to encourage men to forge strong friendships with like-minded brothers and fellow gospel ministers.
Tuesday, May 30th
- 11:00am – Registration Begins in Leffler Chapel Lobby
- 3:30pm – The True State of Man — Geoff Thomas
- 7:00pm – Puritans and the Priority of Preaching — Joel Beeke
Wednesday, May 31st
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00am – Puritan Preaching: A Paradigm? — Joel Beeke
- 10:45am – Living and Active — Jonathan Master
- 3:15pm – Short Address — Ian Hamilton
- 3:30pm – The Preacher’s Mysterious Ministry — Carlton Wynne
- 7:00pm – The Super Supremacy of Scripture — Geoff Thomas
Thursday, June 1st
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9.00am – Sharper Than a Two-Edged Sword — Jonathan Master
- 10:45am – The Vindicated Word — William VanDoodewaard
- 1:30pm – The Mere Believer’s Certainty Facing Eternity — Geoff Thomas
- 2:45pm – Closing Sermon — Mark Johnston
- Solid, reformed preaching from the Word of God, with encouraging fellowship among like-minded men in ministry.
- Located on the beautiful campus of Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA.
- Fee includes meals and lodging, unless you designate otherwise.
- Lodging in air-conditioned rooms on campus; linens, pillow, wash cloths and towels supplied.
- Harrisburg International Airport is 15 minutes away.
- Registration begins Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in the Leffler Chapel lobby.
- Basketball courts/gym, swimming pool, and racquet ball courts available during designated times.
- Wednesday evening ice cream event with annual Banner soccer match for willing participants!
- Banner of Truth Conference Bookstore with most, if not all Banner titles for purchase at discounted prices.
- Attendees receive a conference gift, a one-year electronic subscription to The Banner of Truth magazine, and a special conference bookstore gift certificate.
March 01, 2017
|March 1, 2017
to April 30, 2017
April 30, 2017
- Standard Plan: 2 person bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch).
- Standard+ Plan: Single bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Apartment Accommodations: 4 person apartment with two twin bedrooms and shared bathroom facilities. Must be booked as a group of four at time of booking. Please provide the names of all 4 people at the time of booking in the roommate note below. Price is per person and includes 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Seminary Student: Based on the standard plan.
- Registration Only: You arrange your own accommodations and meals (meal tickets available on campus).
For those of you who drive into Carlisle on the Monday before the conference (May 29th), please be aware that we have secured a group rate of $99 at the Carlisle Comfort Suites Hotel. When you call, mention the group rate for Banner of Truth to secure the special rate.