2018 US Ministers’ Conference
An inside look at the US Banner Ministers’ Conference
The US Ministers’ Conference is an annual event where men gather from a variety of ministerial vocations to worship God and sit under the preaching of his Word.
Ministers of Christ
The Christian ministry is a many-sided calling. We are to be preachers and teachers, serving publicly and from house-to-house. We are to do the work of an evangelist. We are to be defenders of the faith and guardians of the gospel. We carry responsibility for the oversight of the church. We are to shepherd God’s flock, visit the sick, remember those in prison and be role models to all. Though many ministers are still young, they are called to be ‘elders’ , men displaying wisdom beyond their years. And this is just a fraction of what this holy vocation entails!
There is, however, one aspect of this calling that transcends and also connects all its other aspects. It is the fact that we are first and foremost ministers of Christ. He has called, equipped and commissioned us to serve him. It is to him we must ultimately answer; but it is also from him that we receive the gifts and enabling necessary for the work he assigns. He puts his treasure in clay jars and it is his pleasure to display his power through human weakness.
Being ministers of Christ is the theme of our 2018 conference. It is intended to remind those who are ministers that they have the highest of callings; but to remind them too that the Master we serve makes us equal to the task.
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown PA.
Some might ask, “Why host a conference at a college campus?” First, a college campus allows us to keep everyone together. The vast majority of the attendees will stay in the campus dorms, share meals together at the campus food court, and enjoy fellowship together in the campus recreation centers. Second, the Elizabethtown College campus allows us to keep the conference rates low. This is an important feature of Banner of Truth conferences, for we want to reach out to as many pastors as possible, not all of whom are serving in large and prosperous congregations. Our conference fee, which ranges from $225 to $360 is great value for money when you consider it covers room and full board, conference registration, bookstore gift certificates, and the use of all campus facilities. There are absolutely no hidden costs!
The US Ministers’ Conference is arranged for men in (or who have been in) pastoral ministry; students in theological training for the ministry; men serving in missionary work (at home or overseas); and men serving the church as elders or as deacons. In addition, we welcome those who are sponsored by their church/minister who are seriously considering the possibility of eldership or full-time ministry.
We ask that only men attend to maximize opportunities for fellowship, accountability, and prayer. We understand the difficulty of being away from family for a couple of nights, but one of the goals of this conference is to encourage men to forge strong friendships with like-minded brothers and fellow gospel ministers.
Tuesday, May 29th
- 11:00am – Registration Begins in Leffler Chapel Lobby
- 3:30pm – Opening Sermon — Mark Johnston
- 7:00pm – Ministering to the Heart — Craig Troxel
Wednesday, May 30th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00am – The God Who Meets Us — David Strain
- 10:45am – Ruling Elders as Ministers of Christ — Jonny Gibson
- 3:15pm – Short Address
- 3:30pm – Christ-Shaped Ministry — Alistair Begg
- 7:00pm – Serving the King (1) — Al Mohler
Thursday, May 31st
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00pm – Morning Sermon — Alistair Begg
- 10:45am – Serving the King (2) — Al Mohler
- 1:30pm – Meeting With God — David Strain
- 2:45pm – Ministering From the Heart — Craig Troxel
Registration Begins – 11am Tuesday May 29
Conference Closes – 3:30pm Thursday May 31
- Solid, reformed preaching from the Word of God, with encouraging fellowship among like-minded men in ministry.
- Located on the beautiful campus of Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA.
- Fee includes meals and lodging, unless you designate otherwise.
- Lodging in air-conditioned rooms on campus; linens, pillow, wash cloths and towels supplied.
- Harrisburg International Airport is 15 minutes away.
- Registration begins Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in the Leffler Chapel lobby.
- Basketball courts/gym, swimming pool, and racquet ball courts available during designated times.
- Wednesday evening ice cream event with annual Banner soccer match for willing participants!
- Banner of Truth Conference Bookstore with most, if not all Banner titles for purchase at discounted prices.
- Attendees receive a conference gift, a one-year electronic subscription to The Banner of Truth magazine, and a special conference bookstore gift certificate.
April 30, 2018
April 30, 2018
- Standard Plan: 2 person bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch).
- Standard+ Plan: Single bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Apartment Accommodations: 4 person apartment with two twin bedrooms and shared bathroom facilities. Must be booked as a group of four at time of booking. Please provide the names of all 4 people at the time of booking in the roommate note below. Price is per person and includes 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Seminary Student: Based on the standard plan.
- Registration Only: You arrange your own accommodations and meals (meal tickets available on campus).
For those of you who drive into Carlisle on the Monday before the conference (May 28th), please be aware that we have secured a group rate of $99 at the Carlisle Comfort Suites Hotel. When you call, mention the group rate for Banner of Truth to secure the special rate.