East Coast Ministers’ Conference 2019
An inside look at the Ministers’ Conference
Watch these videos to learn more about the conference
The US Ministers’ Conference is an annual event where men gather from a variety of ministerial vocations to worship God and sit under the preaching of his Word.
I Believe in the Holy Spirit
In the words of the Apostles’ Creed, the church affirms ‘I believe in the Holy Spirit’. The brevity of this confession should in no sense obscure its profundity. The third Person of the Trinity is not only ‘the same in substance and equal in power and glory’ to the Father and the Son, but also, as the Executor of the Godhead, he fulfils a distinct role in the outward workings of the Trinity. He is the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of revelation, of salvation, of the church, and of witness. He is also the Spirit who equips and empowers those who are called to the ministry.
At this year’s Ministers’ Conference, our speakers will explore key aspects of the Person and work of the Holy Spirit, especially as it relates to our calling as those who are ministers of Christ. Too often the work of the ministry can seem lonely and overwhelming. What an encouragement, therefore, to be reminded not only that the Spirit of Christ is with us; but also that he is ever working in us and through us to accomplish the great work he has entrusted to us.
The Banner of Truth Trust is principally known for its publishing work, and there are currently hundreds of books maintained in print, with new titles being added every year. The ever-popular Conference Book Room offers ministers and students the opportunity to furnish their libraries with excellent material, and to purchase good books to give away among those to whom they are ministering.
Heavily Discounted prices available at the Conference
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown PA.
Some might ask, “Why host a conference at a college campus?” First, a college campus allows us to keep everyone together. The vast majority of the attendees will stay in the campus dorms, share meals together at the campus food court, and enjoy fellowship together in the campus recreation centers. Second, the Elizabethtown College campus allows us to keep the conference rates low. This is an important feature of Banner of Truth conferences, for we want to reach out to as many pastors as possible, not all of whom are serving in large and prosperous congregations. Our conference fee, which ranges from $240 to $375 is great value for money when you consider it covers room and full board, conference registration, bookstore gift certificates, and the use of all campus facilities. There are absolutely no hidden costs!
The US Ministers’ Conference is arranged for men in (or who have been in) pastoral ministry; students in theological training for the ministry; men serving in missionary work (at home or overseas); and men serving the church as elders or as deacons. In addition, we welcome those who are sponsored by their church/minister who are seriously considering the possibility of eldership or full-time ministry.
We ask that only men attend to maximize opportunities for fellowship, accountability, and prayer. We understand the difficulty of being away from family for a couple of nights, but one of the goals of this conference is to encourage men to forge strong friendships with like-minded brothers and fellow gospel ministers.
Tuesday, May 28th
- 11:00am – Registration Begins in Leffler Chapel Lobby
- 3:30pm – Opening Sermon – Jeff Kingswood
- 7:00pm – The Holy Spirit and the Minister – Terry Johnson
Wednesday, May 29th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00am – Living in the Supernatural Now – David Vaughn
- 10:45am – Infinite Love and Delight: The Holy Spirit in the Pastoral Ministry of Jonathan Edwards – Steve Nichols
- 3:15pm – Godly Ambition – Jon Payne
- 3:30pm – The Spirit in the Wilderness – Michael Morales
- 7:00pm – The Holy Spirit and the Ordinary Means – Terry Johnson
Thursday, May 30th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00am – The Spirit of the New Creation – Michael Morales
- 10:45am – The Missionary Spirit – David Vaughn
- 1:30pm – The Holy Spirit and Prayer – Terry Johnson
- 2:45pm – Closing Sermon – Chad Vegas
Registration Begins – 11am Tuesday May 28
Conference Closes – 3:30pm Thursday May 30
- Solid, reformed preaching from the Word of God, with encouraging fellowship among like-minded men in ministry.
- Located on the beautiful campus of Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA.
- Fee includes meals and lodging, unless you designate otherwise.
- Lodging in air-conditioned rooms on campus; linens, pillow, wash cloths and towels supplied.
- Harrisburg International Airport is 15 minutes away.
- Registration begins Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. in the Leffler Chapel lobby.
- Basketball courts/gym, swimming pool, and racquet ball courts available during designated times.
- Wednesday evening ice cream event with annual Banner soccer match for willing participants!
- Banner of Truth Conference Bookstore with most, if not all Banner titles for purchase at discounted prices.
- Attendees receive a conference gift, a one-year electronic subscription to The Banner of Truth magazine, and a special conference bookstore gift certificate.
March 01, 2019
|March 1, 2019
to April 30, 2019
April 30, 2019
- Standard Plan: 2 person bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch).
- Standard+ Plan: Single bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Apartment Accommodations: 4 person apartment with two twin bedrooms and shared bathroom facilities. Must be booked as a group of four at time of booking. Price is per person and includes 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Seminary Student: Based on the standard plan.
- Registration Only: You arrange your own accommodations and meals (meal tickets available on campus).
For those of you who drive into Carlisle on the Monday before the conference (May 27th), please be aware that we have secured a group rate of $99 at the Carlisle Comfort Suites Hotel. When you call, mention the group rate for Banner of Truth to secure the special rate.