East Coast Ministers’ Conference 2020
The US Ministers’ Conference is an annual event where men gather from a variety of ministerial vocations to worship God and sit under the preaching of his Word.
May 26-28, 2020.
Communion With God
The day before John Owen departed to be with Christ (23 August, 1683), he dictated his last letter to a friend: ‘I am going to him whom my soul has loved, or rather who has loved me with an everlasting love, – which is the whole ground of my consolation.’
John Owen lived for communion with God. He was not alone in understanding that the Christian life was rooted in our union with Christ and nourished by our communion with the triune God.
The 2020 Banner of Truth Conference at Elizabethtown will focus on this great theme. The aim of the conference will be to introduce the doctrine of communion with God, and to explore the rich communion that every believer has with God. Heart religion (John Calvin’s ‘pietas’) is imbedded in, and is intrinsic to, Reformed Christianity. Cold Calvinism is the ultimate oxymoron.
Our hope is that the conference will inspire all who gather to cultivate further the communion which we enjoy with the Father, preeminently in his love, with the Son, preeminently in his grace, and with the Holy Spirit preeminently in his comfort.
Heavily Discounted prices available at the Conference bookstore.
Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown PA.
Some might ask, “Why host a conference at a college campus?” First, a college campus allows us to keep everyone together. The vast majority of the attendees will stay in the campus dorms, share meals together at the campus food court, and enjoy fellowship together in the campus recreation centers. Second, the Elizabethtown College campus allows us to keep the conference rates low. This is an important feature of Banner of Truth conferences, for we want to reach out to as many pastors as possible, not all of whom are serving in large and prosperous congregations. Our conference fee, which ranges from $240 to $375 is great value for money when you consider it covers room and full board, conference registration, bookstore gift certificates, and the use of all campus facilities. There are absolutely no hidden costs!
The US Ministers’ Conference is arranged for men in (or who have been in) pastoral ministry; students in theological training for the ministry; men serving in missionary work (at home or overseas); and men serving the church as elders or as deacons. In addition, we welcome those who are sponsored by their church/minister where the church is seriously considering them for eldership or full-time ministry.
We ask that only men attend to maximize opportunities for fellowship, accountability, and prayer. We understand the difficulty of being away from family for a couple of nights, but one of the goals of this conference is to encourage men to forge strong friendships with like-minded brothers and fellow gospel ministers.
Tuesday, May 26th
- 11:00am – Registration Begins in Leffler Chapel Lobby
- 3:30pm – Opening Sermon – Ian Hamilton
- 7:00pm – The Christian’s Unique Privilege – Conrad Mbewe
Wednesday, May 27th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00am – To Worship and Walk With God – Rhett Dodson
- 10:45am – Incomprehensible Love: John Owen on the Lord’s Supper – Jon Payne
- 3:15pm – Short Address
- 3:30pm – Mediate Communion: William Strong on the Privileges and Duties of Fellowship with God – Chad Van Dixhoorn
- 7:00pm – The Hypocrite’s Misguided Claim – Conrad Mbewe
Thursday, May 28th
- 8:15am – United Prayer
- 9:00am – The Pastor’s Communion With God – Jon Payne
- 10:45am – The Shadow of the Almighty – Rhett Dodson
- 1:30pm – The Fountain of Spiritual Riches – Conrad Mbewe
- 2:45pm – Closing Sermon – David Bissett
Registration Begins – 11am Tuesday May 26
Conference Closes – 3:30pm Thursday May 28
- Solid, reformed preaching from the Word of God, with encouraging fellowship among like-minded men in ministry.
- Located on the beautiful campus of Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA.
- Fee includes meals and lodging, unless you designate otherwise.
- Lodging in air-conditioned rooms on campus; linens, pillow, wash cloths and towels supplied.
- Harrisburg International Airport is 15 minutes away.
- Registration begins Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. in the Leffler Chapel lobby.
- Basketball courts/gym, swimming pool, and racquet ball courts available during designated times.
- Wednesday evening ice cream event with annual Banner soccer match for willing participants!
- Banner of Truth Conference Bookstore with most, if not all Banner titles for purchase at discounted prices.
- Attendees receive a conference gift, a one-year electronic subscription to The Banner of Truth magazine, and a special conference bookstore gift certificate.
Registration is not yet open.
March 01, 2020
|March 1, 2020
to April 30, 2020
April 30, 2020
- Standard Plan: 2 person bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch).
- Standard+ Plan: Single bedroom in dorm accommodation with shared (4-8 people) bathroom facilities. 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Apartment Accommodations: 4 person apartment with two twin bedrooms and shared bathroom facilities. Must be booked as a group of four at time of booking. Price is per person and includes 2 nights accommodation and a 6-meal plan (Tuesday supper to Thursday lunch). Limited availability.
- Seminary Student: Based on the standard plan.
- Registration Only: You arrange your own accommodations and meals (meal tickets available on campus).
For those of you who drive into Carlisle on the Monday before the conference (May 25th), please be aware that we have secured a group rate of $99 at the Carlisle Comfort Suites Hotel. When you call, mention the group rate for Banner of Truth to secure the special rate.