The Basic Elements of Worship
[The following outline of a talk on worship was presented in November to the Men’s Fellowship at Maesycwmmer in the Rhymney Valley, 12 miles north of Cardiff in South Wales. Sixty men meet each month and discuss basic truths. Last year they studied the order of salvation. After the paper was presented there was forty minutes of discussion and questions. It is a great privilege to be present with such godly men.]
1. We gather together in order to WORSHIP (not for teaching only; not ‘all of life being "worship"’).
2. We cannot worship if we are not saved. (so no point in pepping up the worship to satisfy the unsaved).
3. There can be no worship without orthodoxy – ‘worship in truth,’ Jesus said.
4. Preaching the Gospel to sinners greatly helps worship.
5. Maturing in graces leads to maturing in worship.
6. There is no depth to corporate worship if the worshipers are neglecting private worship.
7. True worship is characterised by reverence and godly fear.
8. The climax of worship is preaching God’s word.
9. Worship must be led by God-gifted men.
10. All the elements of worship have been prescribed for the church in the New Covenant.
11. We are to seek both human freshness and divine blessing in our gatherings.
The Life of R. B. Kuiper: a Brief Summary 21 November 2023
The following first appeared in the February 1991 issue of the Banner of Truth Magazine (Issue 329). Over the years, the Trust has published several books by Dr R. B. Kuiper. However, there are many readers throughout the world who are more familiar with the titles of Kuiper’s books than with the man himself. It […]
Was Jesus a Great Teacher or God Incarnate? 17 November 2023
Many think that Jesus was a “great teacher,” but often such people do not know what He taught about Himself: Jesus Christ said that He was the Messiah the Jews had awaited for over 700 years. John 4:25–26: ‘The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When […]